Saturday, September 27, 2014

Allies and Assassins



Allies and Assassins
Justin Somper
Enemies of the Prince, #1
Fantasy Mystery/Adventure

Summary
As the next in to the princedom Jared lived a almost care free life. Yes he has to hunt and go to boring meetings but for the most part he is left to himself. Also Jared knows that when his brother has kids he will be removed from the line of succession. Sadly for him all that is about to change.

The great prince Anders has been murdered, and Jared must now run the princedom. But with the death of his brother over his head and the council fighting each other and plotting against each other will Jared have time to learn how to rules the country before he himself becomes the target of assassination?

Review
I Really enjoyed this book. The writing was clear and strong. The characters are interesting and relatable. I spent the whole book with my mind racing trying to both find the killer and understand the political back baiting and undercutting taking place around Jared the main character.

The story really pulled me in and I enjoyed the time the author took to help the reader understand not only the main characters but also everyone else. Because of this the book had a sense of completeness to the world and the people in it.

My only real problem with the book was that I guessed who the killer was within one page of meeting him. And although the book does a good job of trying to cover up the killers actions and confuse the reader. I still knew it was him so this made a lot of the false tracks in the book boring and uninteresting.

Over all I would give this book a 7.5 out of 10, but I think the next book has a lot promise and if its good this number may go up.

No comments:

Post a Comment