Friday, March 22, 2013

The Pillars of the World



"The Pillars of the World"
Anne Bishop
Tir Alainn Trilogy
Fairy Tale Fantasy

Summary
Ari is a young witch in a long line of witches. After her mother's and grandmother's dies she is left alone and the local village treats her very poorly. One day when visiting the village a local mystic puts a love cures on her. The spell forces her to give a totem to the first man she sees. the man who get the totem can have her for the next mouth. But what man will come across her path first?

The fairy folk's world is starting to fall apart and no one knows why? the leaders of the fae is a brother and sister, one the sun and the other then moon. As they try to understand what is happening to their world Lunian the fire-bringer confined in his sister that he feels lost and that although the clans of the fae expect him to be with the women of their clan he can find no joy in it. but is there someone else he could come to love? if the fae can love at all.

At the same time an evil priest has been traveling across the land turning the people against the witches the old places that they guard. In his own land her has killed all the witches and he now seeks to cleans this land as well of there "evil" kind. but what he's doing is causing unforeseen problems and he could being more evil then ever before.

Review
This is a hard book to judge. On the one hand I could not put the book down I wanted to keep readying and never stop, but on the other hand some of the plot points and words she used ware really uncomfortable for me to read. to be honest the book talked about sex a lot and at the beginning I almost put the book down.

In the end I'm glade I did not because about half way through the book we move away from the sex and get in to important things and the book gets a lot more interesting. About 25% of the way in to the book the writer stops giving you a lot of worthless information and sexual commentary and gets down to the true telling of the story. The next 75% of the book I loved and I look forward to reading more of her stuff.

So should you read this book? I would say its worth a read just not of younger readers and just give it 100 pages it get a lot better.

I would give this book a 7.3 out of 10.

1 comment:

  1. P.S. I had the opportunity to read the other two books in this trilogy and I have to say that the next books eliminate all the stuff I didn't like in the first book and keep all the stuff I did like. Over all the trilogy is really good and I would give it a 8.5 out of 10.

    ReplyDelete